map-marker Newport Beach, California

Review in Internet category from Newport Beach, California

Why would anyone sign up with a company called egumball?
Guest

Pursuant to Pissed Consumer subpoena policy: Please take notice that eGumball, Inc. (“eGumball”) has initiated an action in the Superior Court of California, County of Orange, case number 30-2015-****3142-CU-DF-CJC, due to allegedly false statements posted on Pissed Consumer and other websites regarding eGumball.

eGumballhas served a subpoena on Opinion Corp., the company that owns and operates this website, for information pertaining to the author of this review. The subpoena was domesticated in Nevada, Opinion Corp.’s state of incorporation, in the District Court of Clark County, State of Nevada, Case Number A-15-72****-C.

You may have a right to file and serve a response to the subpoena anonymously. If you intend to file and serve a response, please do so, or notify us of your intent to do so, on or beforeDecember 15, 2015, by emailing Lanza & Smith’s attorneys at info@***.com, or by facsimile to (949) 221-****.

Egumball - Internet Marketing Service Review

Misrepresented Services and Service Termination of 30 Days.
Not as described/ advertised

Robert S Kmv
map-marker La Follette, Tennessee

EGUMBALL IS A RIPOFF!!!!

eGumball Inc. 8687 Research Drive Suite 200Irvine California 92618United States of America Phone: 1-80*-890-**** Web: www.egumball.com Category: Search Engine Optimization eGumball Inc. Destroyed my advertising and ripped me off $318 After promising I had 30 days to cancel. Irvine California An eGumball sales lady called me and we talked about optimizing my current ads on the Internet. My concern was getting into the placement portion of the first page under "Knoxville Private Investigator" & "Tennessee Private Investigator". I agreed to pay the $318 up front fee that included set up and the first months payment. I was conatacted the next day by an eGumball technition that informed me that they were not able to do the deal because my address is a UPS box address and they could not use that address. The other address I had used and had current ads running on Google Adwords and Adwords Express was a 10 year old address that was used for a call forwarding number. This address does not exist. It was made up by AT&T just because they needed a street address in Knoxville for the phone number. When I first started advertising with adwords they verified the address by phone not by sending a postcard to the address. I explained that any changes to that address would result in my advertising dropping off of Google for that address. They said they would be unable to do it so we had to cancel the deal. I tried to stop payment on the virtual check I gave them over the phone but they had already taken it out of my account. They then had a guy by the name of Jeff Bode call me who stated that he could get the ad up if I gave him my password to my google ads and I got a second phone number to use at the UPS box. Again I explained that the call forwarding address was not to be touched and I aquired an additional phone line. He went into my accounts and added the new number to the call forwarding address promting a post card confirmation. That is impossible since there is really no such address and my ads were removed. As of this date none of my ads with egumball are showing and they still refuse to give me back my money.
Loss:
Bad quality
Guest

eGumball has served a subpoena on Opinion Corp., the company that owns and operates this website, for information pertaining to the author of this review. The subpoena was domesticated in Nevada, Opinion Corp.’s state of incorporation, in the District Court of Clark County, State of Nevada, Case Number A-15-72****-C.

You may have a right to file and serve a response to the subpoena anonymously. If you intend to file and serve a response, please do so, or notify us of your intent to do so, on or before December 15, 2015, by emailing Lanza & Smith’s attorneys at info@***.com, or by facsimile to (949) 221-****.

jaynow
map-marker Los Angeles, California

Egumball does not live up to sales pitch

I signed up with them and was with them for 6 months ending in June 2011. Regardless of what they infer on the sales calls, the contract you sign has no guarantees of performance. I was paying $200 a month and I was only ranking for 1 out of 10 keywords. Also, they are threatening to sue me for writing reviews of their performance. It's no wonder it's hard to find reviews about this company. You can check out there BBB business reviews here though if you want other opinions: Click on complaint details(under customer complaint summary in green) and you'll see what I mean. http://www.la.bbb.org/business-reviews/Marketing-Consulting-Services/eGumball-Inc-in-Irvine-CA-10005****
Loss:
Not as described/ advertised

Guest

I worked at eGumball and left once I realized that what we were trained today was not going to happen. They count on the fact that most people don't want to litigate for anything under $1000.

Maybell Tfu

Jeff Jackson contacted me stating he was representing egumball. His phone number is 480 358 ****

He said he wanted to help me get out of the contract with e gumball and if I agreed he could save me some money. I would have only have to pay $317.00 if I paid today.

When I protested he said he could take 60% off and I would only have to pay $250.00.

I said lets go to litigation. I want a judge to tell me to my face how it is legal for a company to force me to misrepresent my business

He said, you really want to do that. If you do that you will have to come to California. It would cost you way more money…

I asked him if he knew how much I had already paid egumball. He said no. I asked him if he had the contract. He said no but he could get it in 5 minutes. I told him to get the contract and call me back. I have not heard from him.

While I was waiting for him to call me back I did some research to see if I would have to go to California. This is what I found

Suing Out-of-State Defendants in Small Claims Court

What to do if the person or business you want to sue is in another state

Individuals

The basic rule is that state courts–including small claims courts–only have the power (lawyers call this jurisdiction) to hear cases involving individuals who live in or are present in the state. If you want to sue someone who lives in another state and doesn't travel to your state, you will have to sue in the state where the person lives, not in the state where you live. Often you can file papers by mail, but normally you'll need to show up in person on court day. (Some states allow people on active duty in the military and occasionally others to present their case entirely in writing.)

There are, however, circumstances under which you can use your state's small claims court to sue an out-of-state resident:

• Out-of-state residents can successfully be sued in-state if you manage to serve them with court papers while they're physically within your state's borders and if the dispute arose in your state. For example, you live in Florida and a nonresident injures you or damages your property while he or she is in Florida, or a contract with a nonresident was negotiated, performed, or violated in Florida.

• A nonresident who has a vehicle accident in your state may be sued in your state's small claims court no matter where that person lives. Similarly, a nonresident owner of a vehicle may be sued no matter where the person lives if his or her car was being driven in your state by another person and was involved in an accident. Contact your small claims court clerk for details.

• The out-of-state owner of real property (including owners of apartments and other rental housing) located in your state may be sued here on claims relating to that property.

Businesses

When it comes to suing a business in small claims court, you may sue any business that is organized (incorporated or established as an LLC) in your state.

In addition, you may bring suit against any business–whether incorporated or not–if one of the following conditions is true:

• the business was responsible for injuring you or damaging your property in your state and you can find a way to serve your court papers on the business in your state

• the business breaches a contract with you that was negotiated or was to be performed in your state and you can find a way to serve your court papers on the business in your state

• the business has an office, warehouse, retail establishment, restaurant, or other physical facility here, even if that business is headquartered or organized elsewhere, or

• the business does regular business in your state by selling products or services, employing a sales rep who calls on you personally or by phone to solicit business, sending you a catalog to solicit your business, or placing advertising in your state's media.

by: Ralph Warner

Guest

countless calls saying that they are Google until you ask them and they start coming up with statements like no sir, we produce the listing for google. Good luck with a company like this.

Guest

Anonymous - Do not advertise with this company. I was contacted by one of their sales reps and I asked him if there was a contract.

He told me NO and then forwarded me to another dept to set up the account. Towards the end, I was surprised to find out there was a contract and it took me by surprise. I went ahead and agreed, although I should have stopped immediately. The advertising netted zero calls; totally useless.

I called them and told them I was unhappy and that I wanted to cancel my account.

They then proceeded to charge my card for the full 6 months. Never do business with this company; you will be sorry if you do.

I hate scam artists.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-707631

I recall everything I said. Just want them to go away and leave me alone.

Guest

Wow, these people called me last week trying to get me to sign up for their "gold package". I know a thing or two about SEO, they pulled up my site which is ranked on the first page now, but they tried lying and saying they didnt see it. I was in a hurry, it was during the business day, a time when all business owners are busy, and I asked if he could email me some information. He said sure, and I asked if he had my email address.

He responded "I can't really send you a "paper email" right now"

I thought to myself what is a paper email? Then said "I will look you guys up and get back to you. He very rudely responded "have a good day!" And hung up the phone. After researching them I came to this site, and now understand why he was so short, he knew I would discover they were a scam!

Shame on anyone who works for any business that's not selling an honest product or service! During the recession of 09, I was unemployed and worked for a time share business that would fraudulently charge people to list a timeshare and tell them they were actively marketing it, when all they would do is list it and forget it, she take $249 a month from the customer. I immediacy quit when I found out they weren't honestly marketing these timeshares. Anyone who rips anyone else off for their employment is a ***!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-685342

Jack, we apologize for any frustration this sales person may have caused you. Rest assured that if you were indeed ranking our quality assurance team would have caught it upon receipt of your signed application and would have made a call to discuss alternative targets or simply void the agreement.

We are a high volume business and we have certain filters in place to ensure your benefit of service.

Also for your protection, you have a three day right to rescission to any agreement you sign. If you have any further questions feel free to contact our compliance department at 1-80*-***-****.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-686541

This is a new take on the printer toner scam. Google handles adwords, analytics and maps- these people are NOT GOOGLE.

They are offering you a service that you can do yourself...for free...with Google. If you want to increase your web presence it starts with proper web design and content management.

There are plenty of online resources that are FREE that can train you on how to improve SEO/SEM- not lock you into a contract for $200 a month.

A legitimate business doesn't practice deception or use ROBOCALLS. :p

Guest

I am in litigation with them right now. They started charging my credit card as soon as I agreed to their terms, then, I find out 2 months later that my ad still has not been put out yet because, as they put it, they had not finalized it yet!!

If that is not crooked, I dont know what is!! They charged my CC $400.00 for 2 months service, that I didn't get and when I disputed it through Capital One, they returned my complaint with a statement saying that they had been giving me service all along!!!

I mean, really, how do you fight a bunch of liars that take your money and basically say, "***, come and try and get your money back!!! Waste your time because we will take you for everything we can!!!"

How do you fight people like that? Egumball, thats about all they are good for, chewing on for a few minutes, then spittin' out on the filthy ground!!!!

AS I said, I disputed the 3 charges with Capital One, had them temporarily taken off, only to see them put back on a couple of weeks later because egumball disputed my dispute!!!

If anyone out their is interested in getting all of us together that have been screwed by egumball, and filing something like a class action lawsuit against these circus clowns, I will happily be the first on the bandwagon, or whatever wagon there is to derail this bogus company!

Anyone interested in contacting me, can reach me at philiproos@***.net. If you are serious, we can converse further by phone. Thanks for any and all support!!!

Sincerely Yours,

P. Roos

View more comments (29)

Happy customer

Chris has provided amazing customer service! I am one busy business owner and the best way to communicate with me is via email. Thank you eGumball for understanding this! Chris especially has responded promptly and efficiently with answers to all my questions. If I email a question I literally get an answer right away! Awesome customer service eGumball and thank you for making me a happy customer! Angela - Temecula, CA
Anna Hut

Jeanie delivers the best customer service

Jeanie is the best customer service representative that I have ever worked with! She is cleaning up all the garbage out there online on my business name & address. She explained a lot of things to me and was very nurturing, empathetic & understanding of my feelings. Thank you Jeanie for all that you did today Calleros - Mission Viejo, Ca

Chris has great energy

eGumball has all the right energy! I rate Chris all 5 stars because his energy is great! He did an amazing job grounding me & reassuring me today. Everyone at eGumball is very nice and I appreciate all of you Denise - Winnipeg, MB
Anna Hut

Aleyce has great follow up!

Every phone call that I have with Aleyce goes very well. She helps me with everything! Every time I leave a message she returns my calls immediately and answers her phone every time I contact her directly. She has great follow up and I really appreciate all the help and work she does for me! Joseph - Raleigh, NC

My phone is ringing!

I see that people are calling my business so that is a good sign! Ashley is very friendly and has helped me understand what is happening with my online marketing. Thank you Ashley Tom - Granger, IN
Anna Hut

Ranking #1 for 3 years in a row!!!

I am number one on Google Maps thanks to eGumball for 3 years in a row now! I am so happy! eGumball really knows how to get the job done! I spoke with Chris today & I didn't even need to explain myself a lot because he knew exactly what I was talking about and got it fixed right away while I was on the phone. You guys are so amazing and I am never going to change companies because you guys have me ranking number one on all my keywords on Google. I am cool with you guys! Thank you! Debbie - Oshkosh, WI

Aleyce fixed my Google listing

My service call with Aleyce was wonderful. We resolved everything before 6pm. I had issues with Google pages prior to eGumball and she was very patient & waited for us to get emails and passwords in order to fix this. Thank you guys so much for resolving! Odalys - Miami, Fl
Anna Hut

Thank you Temeca for all that you do!

My phone call with Temeca went very well! She is so thorough & professional. We were trying to get access to my verified Google My Business listing and she guided me through the process. She made a couple of phone calls to Google & we gained access to my listing. I am happy she resolved this within the hour & she helped me understand why we were having problems with our Google My Business listing. She took care of all! That is amazing customer service. Thank you Temeca! Mindy - Canton, Ga

Superb Customer Service

Ashley the customer service rep was amazing. She helped me change out some photos for my business website. She was really kind and patient during the phone call. Her customer service is superb! I wish I could work with her all the time! Thank you Ashley for showing me how all this works. Lisa - Delray Beach, FL
Cincere Ihh

Great Service

I had eGumball for 6 years and then parted ways and realized I just made a huge mistake. I signed back up and Jeanie made sure my account was on the right track! I commend Jeanie for being patient with me as I am not tech savvy. She reassured me that my online marketing is going in the right direction. Mike - Milan, IL
Cincere Ihh

Thank you eGumball, I am really happy

Jeanie helped me log onto my desktop computer where she was able to guide me onto the egumball site and into my control panel. She got me set up real good and it was a great learning experience because I am not computer savvy. I am really really happy to have eGumball! John - Praireville, LA