map-marker Buffalo, New York

Big Liars

I signed with the company 6 months ago for 1 year contract, company representative keep calling to sign with them and watch how my business will go up sharply. to boost my new business i finally signed with them, now 6 months passed by i search my business (out of 12 categories they ask me to pick, so the customer can find me easily) my business still don't come up, i tried calling them and complained, why my name don't come up, they keep saying its only been four months, when you call them again after couple months, their answer is still the same, give a little time its only been 6 months, only thing they do quick is take the money out of my acct every first of the month.

their claim of they are the biggest, or largest is lot of BS. my advice save money, company is nothing but a scam, and ripping all of us.

Egumball Reply:
This service appreciates your concern and although this issue has already been resolved, they need to make sure that they comply with company policy when it comes to billing and cancellation. This service must take all steps when closing a file, which is in the best interests of the customer. In this case, the customer wanted to cancel before the end of their contract term because they were not ranking in a city that is 20 miles away from their establishment and had closed off communication when this service tried to inform them of the issue. This service’s cancelation and billing policy is that every customer must pay for their service until the end of their contract term, which is stated in the customer contract.

In order to properly cancel a file and stop the advertisement of a business, this service requires a written cancellation letter. Record the date and time of when your cancellation letter was sent so that the dates and times match the cancellation toll-free fax number bill. This authenticates your cancellation and protects your advertisement from competitor interference. For any questions on cancellation and billing, please contact their customer service department at 1 (800) 890-8940 between the hours of 7:30-3:30 Monday through Friday.

This customer was eventually sent to collections, but this service resolved the issue with them by closing their account. This services prides ourselves on going above and beyond with their customers, even if they are disgruntled by being sent to collections over a billing dispute.

It’s important to this service that customers remain knowledgeable about their service so that they understand the work that is being done on their campaign. When Customer Service tried to explain to the customer why they were not ranking in the city that was 20 miles away from their establishment, the customer shut down communication and stopped paying their monthly payments.
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution:

Let the company propose a solution

Guest

Pursuant to Pissed Consumer subpoena policy: Please take notice that eGumball, Inc. (“eGumball”) has initiated an action in the Superior Court of California, County of Orange, case number 30-2015-****3142-CU-DF-CJC, due to allegedly false statements posted on Pissed Consumer and other websites regarding eGumball.

eGumballhas served a subpoena on Opinion Corp., the company that owns and operates this website, for information pertaining to the author of this review. The subpoena was domesticated in Nevada, Opinion Corp.’s state of incorporation, in the District Court of Clark County, State of Nevada, Case Number A-15-72****-C.

You may have a right to file and serve a response to the subpoena anonymously. If you intend to file and serve a response, please do so, or notify us of your intent to do so, on or beforeDecember 15, 2015, by emailing Lanza & Smith’s attorneys at info@***.com, or by facsimile to (949) 221-****.

Barnabas Oee

| map-marker Hot Springs, Arkansas

Rip off

Don't waste your money. Have been paying 150+ for six months.

Still not appearing on any search engines. Egumball says that in order to see my business you must click on a map. REALLY? They claim to be with Google.

NOT! Bunch of crooks. In a town of 36000 six other shops appear and not mine. We have been in business for over 25 years and some of these places have been around for less than a year.

One is closed! What a joke.

Was skeptical about the service, but they convinced me that they were legit with high pressure tactics and non stop phone calls. Phone calls have stopped, but not the charges to my credit card.

Egumball Reply:
Pissedconsumer.com appreciates the customer’s concerns and this service has worked diligently to address the issues at hand in compliance with company policy. In this case, the customer created duplicate Google Plus accounts on their own that negatively affected their rankings, as Google lists multiple Google Plus accounts as spam. This service attempted on numerous occasions to contact the customer to resolve this issue but the customer closed off communication. Google’s policy states that multiple Google Plus accounts take 60-90 days to resolve.

The customer has alleged that this service claimed to be with Google. This service is in no way affiliated with Google, but is a certified Google AdWords Partner, which means that they are trusted by Google and have met all the qualifications to be a certified partner. This service ensures that all of the customer’s information is correct for Google guidelines, including the name of the business, the address, and the phone number. Also called a trust score, having correct information is vital for ranking, according to Google’s own guidelines. Because of the duplicate Google Plus account, the trust score of the customer suffered.

After this service contacted the customer in regards to her duplicate account, the customer cut off communication. The account was sent to an escalations team to build a report and the service continued to attempt to communicate with the customer about this problem, and informed them of the 60-90 day delay due to Google listing her business as spam. The customer cancelled their account before the end of their contract term, which is against the company’s contract policy. The account is currently past due and the issue has not yet been resolved because the customer has cut off communication.

In order to resolve our customer’s concerns, it is important that the customer remain in contact with this service. When this service tried to contact the customer on multiple occasions, the customer refused to continue communication. This service will be happy to work with all of our customers to resolve any issues and are available Monday-Friday, 7:30-3:30 PST. Our office number is 1 (800) 890-8940.
Preferred solution:

Price reduction

map-marker Orlando, Florida

Egumball Seo Service Review

Avoid Egumball! They falsely misrepresented themselves as google & guaranteed a front page on google plus to much to mention, all in a few days, for $300 for one month as a test to prove what they say they will do.

I gave credit card with unlegible, out of focus what I guess were terms & agreement. That did not happen, when after several times over the phone I cancelled, they sent me an email with a way I can link to them, read the contract. I found several items they did not disclose, things like, but not limited to, no guarantee placement on google...30 days to cancel, after reading I cancelled immediately.

Seeing they did next to nothing for me & disputed the credit card charges. The cc company had a 3 way conversation, they talked to egumball, I hardly talked, then my cc rep said "I've heard enough".

The cc company totally agreed with me & disputed charges. Then I got a bill for @$1,000 for a year! I tried to dispute & the cc company rep said you had 3 days to cancel & charged my cc over $1300!

Then an attorney for them has been harrassing me for more! That has been my experience so far

Egumball Reply:
This service did everything possible to assist this customer who cancelled 15 days after signage and claimed that they did not sign a contract with this service. This service is transparent in their terms and conditions and customer contract that they offer a 3-day right to rescission for all customers after signage, as well as a 30-day cancellation only if the customer’s account has not yet been activated within those 30 days. If you have any questions, please call our Customer Service at 1 (800) 890 8940 and this service would be happy to clarify further on any of these policies.

This service is a certified Google AdWords Partner, in that Google trusts in their services and have met all of the requirements to be an AdWords partner. They cannot claim that they are Google and cannot guarantee Google placement because of the unpredictable nature of search engines. It is general business practice that a customer carry out their payment until the end of their contract term.

This customer did not want to work with this service to resolve the issues stated and did not want to carry out service, so their cancelation was confirmed shortly afterwards. They refused to pay the remainder of their contract term and charged this service back a numerous amount of times, were sent to collections.

After many phone calls and attempts to speak with this customer since they signed up with this service, they claimed that they could not get ahold of customer service and never heard from this service. This service prides themselves on a 0% call abandon rate and answer all phone calls that come in. They also sent many copies of the customer’s signed agreement, which the customer refused to admit they had signed. They never disclosed what made them want to cancel in the first place, but this service wishes them the best of luck with their future endeavors.

map-marker Houston, Texas

Egumball False Claims, False promises, AVOID

Avoid EGUMBALL like the plague. Their sales reps make false claims and guarantees and after 9 months with this company with excuse after excuse, I finally cancelled their service and further payment obligations (According to the manager I was working with Sergio).

I filed a BBB complaint prior to cancellation, and after 3 months they responded to the complaint. The very next day after their response, I was contacted by Egumball claiming that I still owed for the 3 months remaining on the contract and that the account would be sent to collections. In the three months, I was never, called, emailed, mailed or otherwise contacted about any payments due then the day after a BBB response, I suddenly owe them money. I ask to speak to Sergio, the manager that had agreed to the cancellation but conveniently, he no longer works there.

This company sells on false promises and then stalls when ask to try to collect the full contract while trying to deliver the promised results. I had ask for a full refund of what I had paid and settled for no further billing, which they went back on.

Do not trust anything that anyone in this company has to say. If their lips are moving....it's false.

Egumball Reply:
Because this post is anonymous, pissedconsumer.com cannot verify or authenticate any of the information listed in this customer’s review. Though this service appreciate all concerns raised by their customers, it is difficult to resolve any issue without pertinent information regarding the account. However, this service believes in full transparency and requires rigorous training for their sales representatives and billing department.

Technically, no marketing or SEO company can make guarantees due to the unpredictable nature of search engines. It is also stated in their terms and the customer contract that the customer must pay until the end of their contract term. In order to cancel, please send a cancelation form that is signed and send it to them via fax.

If the customer has not yet sent us a cancellation form via fax, they may do so to begin resolving this issue. However, without more information pertaining to the issues addressed by the employee, it is difficult to fully verify or solve these concerns.

If the customer has more information about this service, they may contact this service’s customer service line at (800) 890-8940 Monday-Friday, 7:30-3:30 PST. One of their customer service representatives will be happy to take a look at the account in question and answer any questions the customer may have.
Guest

eGumball has served a subpoena on Opinion Corp., the company that owns and operates this website, for information pertaining to the author of this review. The subpoena was domesticated in Nevada, Opinion Corp.’s state of incorporation, in the District Court of Clark County, State of Nevada, Case Number A-15-72****-C.

John W

I received a high pressure sales call from Egumballs they promised me that I would be on the first page of google. They lied to me, charged my credit card after I had canceled.

Turned it into a collection agency. This company does care about its customer, all they want is your money. This company is dishonest and the workers are very rude. I would never recommend this so called company to anyone ever

They should be reported and investigated.

They have no honor and integrity

This company is a Rip Off scam stay away. I am very upset about this so called company

Egumball Reply:
Because this post is anonymous, pissedconsumer.com cannot verify or authenticate any of the information listed in this review. This service understands the concerns of their customers and work hard to resolve each issue as they come about. However, without pertinent information regarding this account, it is difficult to fully resolve any problems. That being said, this service believes in full transparency and does not represent who it is, or how our services work.

Since search engines are unpredictable, no company can guarantee ranking placement. This company is not Google, nor do they claim to be Google. However, this service is a Google Maps Optimization service and are a certified Google Partner, which means they are trusted by Google to sell Google AdWords. This service helps their customers get online visibility so that their business can thrive.

This service would like to take a look at the account to further resolve the problem. However, without more information pertaining to the issues addressed by this customer, it is difficult to fully verify or solve any of these concerns.

If any of our customers have further questions or concerns regarding their account, they may contact this service at (800) 890-8940 Monday-Friday 7:30-3:30 PST. One of their customer service representatives would be happy to help resolve any issues.
Guest

You may have a right to file and serve a response to the subpoena anonymously. If you intend to file and serve a response, please do so, or notify us of your intent to do so, on or before December 15, 2015, by emailing Lanza & Smith’s attorneys at info@***.com, or by facsimile to (949) 221-****.

Maybell Tfu
map-marker Bay City, Michigan

This company has misrepresented themselves just as they are trying to force me misrepresent my business

Updated by user Jun 26, 2013

I like how when you go to

Real EGUMBALL REVIEWS - eGumball.com Reviews- eGumball Inc ...

With their 5 to 4 stars yet you or I cannot post a review.

What does that tell you???

Scam Scam Scam Lie Lie Lie

Original review Jun 26, 2013

Dennis Sommers told me he would put me on GOOGLE not GOOGLE MAPS. Yes he did say he was with egumball. He also said he would put me on GOOGLE. He did not say GOOGLE MAPS. If he had side GOOGLE MAPS. I WOULD HAVE SAID NO. They have a web page up of my business will false information on it and will not correct it. I feel this company has misrepresented themselves just as they are trying to force me misrepresent my business.I am an in home day care. The web page they put up for my business is wrong. They have a long list of services that I do not provide. 8 out of 10 of the services are wrong. They have, (day care center on there twice). I am an in home daycare. Not a (day care center). They have (Child Care Agency) I am an in home daycare. Not a (Child Care Agency).They have (Learning Center). I am an in home daycare. I am not a (Learning Center). They have (Day Care Agency). I am an in home daycare not a (Day Care Agency). They have (Child Care Center on there twice). I am an in home Child Care not a (child care center). They have (Nanny Services on there twice). I am an in home daycare. I do not provide (Nanny Services).The services I provide are...Day Care, Child Care, State licensed Day Care, DHS accepted Day Care, Private Pay Child Care, before school care, after school care. This is the heart of my business.These are the key words I gave Dennis Sommers when he was asking me what I wanted him to put on Google. IF HE HAD SIAD NO WE CANT PUT THAT ON THERE. Google mandates proper categorization of its Google Places listings. We have to say the serviced that you provide are, day care center and that has to be on there twice, Child Care Agency, Learning Center, Day Care Agency, Child care center that has to be on there twice and Nanny Services also has to be ho there twice.IF HE WOULD HAVE TOLD ME ANY OF THIS I WOULD HAVE SAID NO.I talked to them and asked them to *** the services I do not provide. They said they could not *** any of the services I do not provide because they have to stay with Google compliant.I contacted Google and Google said they were not affiliated with egumball

(The fine print on the contract I signed says)I ("Client") hereby award eGumBall, Inc. ("Publisher") the "Right To Agency" to promote the above name advertising and keyword(s). (They promoted 2 of the 7 key words I gave them)Performance Guarantee: If publisher does not activate service within the first thirty (30) days of this agreement, client may opt out of this agreement without penalty and receive a 100% refund(Service was activated. However it is a big misrepresentation of my business and they refuse to correct it) It just can’t be legal for a company to force you to misrepresent your company.

Egumball Reply:
Pissedconsumer.com appreciates the concerns of customer, though pissedconsumer.com cannot authenticate nor validate these claims since the post is anonymous. It is difficult to resolve any issue regarding an account without important information that is missing from anonymous reviews. That being said, this service hopes to resolve any questions or concerns the customer has according to the complaints the customer has made.

This service is a Google Maps Optimization company that helps businesses rank on both Google search and Google Maps. They make sure that all business’ information is accurate across all internet platforms. It’s important to keep business information correct and consistent. They also make sure to list accurate and applicable keywords that apply to your service. If there are any issues, call customer service to have them resolved.

This issue could be resolved if the customer would call this service. Furthermore, though certain keywords may not be the exact word the customer would describe their business, they are given these keywords because they are proven to be helpful with rankings. Certain factors such as the latter may be easily explained through open communication between the client and this service.

All of this service’s customers are welcome to contact this service at (800) 890-8940 Monday-Friday 7:30-3:30. One of the customer service representatives would be happy to help discuss any concerns the customer may have.

map-marker Austin, Texas

Egumball is a SCAM

They have been calling my business saying that they are doing a Google Maps Placement Authorization. I asked if it was Google calling me and the salesperson replied that Google no longer contacts consumers and that they were handling it now...When I questioned her further, she hung up on me.

It is a total scam! They are trying to sell their services while using the Google name. They are fraudulently making consumers believe that they are Google and therefore trustworthy. It is all a lie!

I get so sick of these calls. They are not the only ones doing this!

Egumball Reply:
This post is anonymous, so pissedconsumer.com cannot verify or authenticate any of the information listed in this customer review. However, this service and its employees believe in full transparency and are put through rigorous training in order to help businesses optimize their online presence.

This service does not pretend to be Google, nor is it affiliated with Google, but is a certified Google Partner, meaning it has met all of the qualifications to be trusted by Google. Google does not contact business owners about their rankings, so this service reaches out to local businesses to help them get found on Google and other search engines.

If the customer is frustrated by receiving calls to their business, they may ask to be put on the Do Not Call List. However, this service cannot resolve this problem simply from this review, since there is no way of knowing who is making the complaint.

If the customer would like to discuss this matter further, feel free to call us at (800) 890-8940 Monday-Friday 7:30-3:30 PST. One of this service’s customer service representatives would be happy to help resolve any further concern.

Leverne Qjq

SCAM!!!

eGumball has not let me cancelled my services, even though it says in the contract I could cancel if no services were recieved in the first 30 days. They claim there is services by emailing me.

They have charged my credit card 2 times for $400.00 and have not once delivered any services. All they have asked for is promotional code from a postcard google was supposed to send me. It does not take google this long to deliver the post card. I have done it several times before.

They promised me front page exposure on google, which has not happened and they cannot make those promises.

They also claim to be google which is not true. They are one of thousands of company that go through google. Even after all the dissatisfaction I have expressed to them about their company and services, they refuse to quit charging my credit card, cancel my account, and say they will dispute any thing my bank sends them.

Do not use this company if you're expecting any kind of customer service, contract agreement, or service promised to be delivered.

They are a huge SCAM!!!! I'm going to try Yext instead.

Egumball Reply:
Because this post is anonymous, it is impossible for pissedconsumer.com to fully validate or authenticate the information given by this customer. However, this service appreciates the concerns of the customer and hope to resolve this issue through further communication. Furthermore, this service believes in full transparency and works with thousands of customers using proven methods to improve their online presence.

This service allows customers to cancel their service only if the customer’s profile or account was not created within the first 30 days after signage. If work has started on the account within 30 days after signage, the customer cannot cancel. Because of the unpredictable nature of all search engines, no company can guarantee a specific ranking. All of this information is seen on the customer contract and their Terms and Conditions. Furthermore, this service does not claim to be Google, but are a certified Google Partner, which means that they are trusted by Google to assist companies in improving their online presence.

This service wants to resolve all of the concerns of their customers. Unfortunately, it is difficult to fully fix an issue without pertinent information regarding the account. If their customers remain in communication with them, they can work together to address these issues.

If this customer or any customer would like to discuss this matter further, feel free to call them at (800) 890-8940 Monday-Friday 7:30-3:30 PST. A customer service representative will be happy to assist with any further questions or concerns.
Problems with payment

robert f Poh
map-marker Trenton, Florida

Egumball complete scam

i signed a year contract with egumball after 7 months of still not being on google maps or places or anywhere else for that matter . i complained and told them i was very unhappy with service they then pulled the remainder of the year out of my cc account then will not talk to me or answer my calls these people are scamers and thevies do not trust them wiyh your cc acount info better yet stay away from them you can get more done on your own or by signing up for adwords come to find out the things they claim to do for you can do your self for free thats what i done after giving them $1500

Egumball Reply:
This service appreciates this customer’s feedback, but are not able to resolve this issue because pissedcusumer.com cannot authenticate the identity of this customer. This service is fully transparent in that they offer full disclosure of all aspects of service in their Terms and Conditions and customer contract, which the customer must see before signing.

Although there is no way to guarantee first page ranking on any search engine, this service makes sure that all customers are kept up to date regarding their account and ranking, so frequently send screen shots of their results. Because of the unpredictable nature of all search engines, there is no way to determine the timing or location of results.

This service is a Google AdWords Partner in that they have met all of the qualifications to be considered a seller of Google AdWords. This does not mean that this service is any way affiliated with Google must abide by all Google Guidelines.

As stated in the customer contract, all customers must pay through their term. In order to cancel, please fax a signed cancellation form to our billing department. For cancellation or billing questions, please contact their customer service at 1 (800) 890-8940

Egumball - Customer Care Review

Egumball has not contacted me other to ask for money. When I told them I cancelled payment the accounting team said they would transfer me to someone to find resolution.

I was on hold for ten minutes and then the phone call dropped. No one has come tasted me since. They at least responded to this, but are again asking me to contact them as I did already many times with no resolve. They know my complaint.

If they want to resolve this they must come up with a plan and contact me. Thank you

Egumball Reply:
Though we understand the customers frustrations, the service has increased the customers rankings on Google to page 1 for all 10 of the customers keywords including boat service and boat repair. During the initial review of the business information, multiple addresses and business names were discovered and the change from Owen Marine Inc. to Owen Marine LLC was discussed. Our progress with increasing the consistency of the business information can be seen with the increase in the customer rankings online.

We ask that the customer contact their Account Executive to further discuss the details of the campaign and address any additional concerns which may have come from the process. Their Account Executive can be reach at 800-890-8940 ext. 5, Monday – Friday 7:30a- 3:30p PST.
Jonathan S Dib

Verified Reviewer

This company robocalls personL cell phones and say their from Google My Businees Listing.

They robocall you and that's 1,500 fine, and they call numbers on the do not call list. Do your research. There one of those seo companies who charge a lot with no results. Most of their clients have been tricked. Tricking people into thinking their Google. Thats low...

Preferred solution: Settlement

User's recommendation: Beware robocLlers and scam artist.

Kevin C Wyh
map-marker Irvine, California

Ripoff--Save your money

EGumball hoodwinked me. Their sales tactics pressure you to sign up immediately, and then their sales rep isn't completely forward with all the details of the contract. I am a franchisee, so I explained I had to check with corporate to see if their product was allowed. They assured me they worked with other franchises from the same corporation, and that I would have 30 days to opt out, but did not explain that was only if they hadn't setup my account. There is a 3 day opt out clause, but I explained that wasn't enough time for corporate to respond, so I was assured I could do within 30 days. When I had to cancel because corporate told me too, EGumball did not honor what they said. Claimed they listened to the sales call, which was over an hour and 2 different phone lines, and then only mentioned one part of the conversation--not the one about my concerns with corporate. When I asked to listen to the sales call, they declined. I ended up paying a buyout clause that saved me a little on the 6 month contract, but was ridiculous high. Also, during setup and my cancellation, I was told I'd receive a callback & never did. This happened 4 times over a month. EGumball utilizes questionable sales tactics. Buyer beware.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Turn nasty once they have your money
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

Merrilyn Lce
map-marker Irvine, California

EGumball threatened me

I have just received a phone call from an employee at egumball.com who said they represent Google. He was rude and unprofessional when I expressed that I didn’t want to talk to him about the product he offered. His phone number is 1-94*-597-****. I know this is his number because after I hung up on him he called me back and threatened me saying that he would make sure that my business wasn’t on Google and never would be. I take this as a direct threat to the welfare of my business. Since this report must be a minimum of 100 words (which is ridiculous - who ever heard of a minimum number of words for a comment!)... I'm going to repeat myself again: I have just received a phone call from an employee at egumball.com who said they represent Google. He was rude and unprofessional when I expressed that I didn’t want to talk to him about the product he offered. His phone number is 1-94*-597-****. I know this is his number because after I hung up on him he called me back and threatened me saying that he would make sure that my business wasn’t on Google and never would be. I take this as a direct threat to the welfare of my business.
rude sales rep

EGumball Phone Harassment

i typically get 4-5 calls a day from the chiclets in this company, sometimes twice within 5 minutes. They spoof local phone numbers and waste my time with services that I don't need. They do not respect the do not call list at all. Every once and a while i engage someone before I realize it's egumball and they get argumentative. eGumball.com sales reps are grossly unprepared. They should be call e doofballs My websites dominate organic listings in my space. They have nothing to offer that I cant do myself. I wish these people would just leave me alone. Im already going to report them to my states attorney general.
Cons:
  • Dont respect do not call list
  • Reps are argumentative when i try to get them off the phone
  • Reps keep hararssing me on the phone all day every weekday
Reason of review:
I'm tired of being harassed by these people

Preferred solution: Leave me alone or I'm going to report you to my States Attorney General

Guest

This company has called over 10 times today from different numbers. They have called several times a day for years.

I reported them to the FCC today. Just done!

Czarina Bht
map-marker Brevard, North Carolina

Egumball Internet Marketing Service Review from Brevard, North Carolina

This company IS A COMPLETE SCAM! I have turned them into the better business bureau and am fighting them to get a refund! Search them in better business bureau and see how many complaints they have that say they take your money and provide no service! We hired them to update our business address on websites when we moved. That's all we asked and expected. They did not update our change of address on a single site! I did any changes myself. Then after 4 months of us waiting for them to update the addresses I requested a refund. They then tell me it takes 6 months to update any address change. They then claimed to have increased our marketing by moving us up in searches. We never asked for this or expected it. Our company web page tracks sales clicks and where they come from. We did not receive a single click from anything they claimed to have done. Furthermore, after requesting our money back they continue to send what must be fake data trying to prove they did work. The data they sent had the OLD company address in it. Nothing about our address change that we hired them for!! And they won't stop sending this ***!!! It is now my mission to alert everyone about this fraudulent company. I will post this on every review site and social media I can find!!!!!